Subject: Field Rendering.
From: [email-masked] (Mark Swain)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 12:16:04 -0700

Mark Thompson writes:

"I was inspecting some B5 footage the other day and it appeared that they used
both field rendering and motion blur depending on the scene. Wherever the
motion was particularly fast, motion blur was used. Less demanding shots
used field rendering."

This was not the case for the pilot, and from what Ron and Allen have
told me about this topic it is not the case.  The reasons for not using
field rendering is first it look very video, and second during the pilot
the fields were backwards for the IV24 card that we used to output
footage to the LVR.  This made the animations jitter, thus looking
at the difference between motion blur and field - motion blur was chosen.
Now there is a button for field dominance so the method would have worked
better than the tests that we did not the pilot.

					Mark Swain
					(Colossal) Pictures
					[email-masked]

====================
Mark Swain
(Colossal) Pictures
[email-masked]
====================